Causes of short circuit tin connection in wave soldering of PCB
2021-01-28 Classify: FAQ Author: GrandSeed Browse: 458
If the operation of wave soldering is not proper, it will cause a lot of PCB solder joint short-circuit tin phenomenon. PCB solder joint short-circuit tin is also the most common soldering failure in wave soldering, which is caused by a variety of reasons. Next, guangshengde will analyze the cause of short circuit tin connection in wave soldering of PCB.
1. The solder liquid does not reach the normal working temperature, and there is "tin wire" bridging between solder joints.
2. The substrate direction and tin wave do not match well, change the tin direction
3. Poor line design: the line or contact is too close (there should be a distance of more than 0.6 mm); In case of array solder joint or IC, steal solder pad or use white paint to separate. At this time, the thickness of white paint should be more than twice the thickness of solder pad (gold channel)
4. Clean up the tin furnace or update all the solder in the bath
5. Tin bonding may be caused by insufficient preheating temperature, which leads to the element reaching the temperature. During the welding process, due to the large heat absorption of the element, tin dragging is not good and tin bonding is formed; There may also be low temperature tin furnace, or welding speed is too fast.
Through the above five points analysis, I believe you have found the cause of short circuit tin connection of PCB after wave soldering. I hope to find out the cause of short circuit tin connection of your PCB through the above five points investigation. If you still can't find the reason through the above five points, it is likely that your wave soldering problem. For example, the display temperature is different from the actual temperature of your wave soldering.